Crain’s and UChicago Graham Announce Inaugural Chicago Leadership Circle Fellows
Fifteen leaders from across industries and sectors have been named inaugural fellows.
Fifteen leaders have been named inaugural fellows of the Chicago Leadership Circle, a joint initiative of Crain’s Chicago Business and the University of Chicago Graham School that aims to engage executives in the region’s prosperous and inclusive future.
Fellows in the inaugural cohort will meet monthly over the academic year to deeply investigate major regional issues from addressing crime to ensuring equitable development, with the help of leading journalists from Crain’s and eminent faculty from across the University of Chicago’s Schools and Divisions.
“This is a critical moment for Chicago, as we welcome a new mayoral administration and we begin a new chapter of envisioning the region’s vibrant future,” said Jim Kirk, Group Publisher and Executive Editor of Crain’s. “The fellows of theChicago Leadership Circle are a group of accomplished leaders who are committed to realizing that vibrant future by addressing the challenges facing our region and identifying opportunities to help move us forward.”
The inaugural cohort formally launched in October with a daylong gathering on the University of Chicago’s David Rubenstein Forum in Hyde Park.
“The vision and energy of this cohort is extraordinary,” said Seth Green, Dean of the University of Chicago Graham School. “Hearing the Fellows’ ideas for our region, and their commitment to harnessing the power of their companies and organizations to move the needle, is inspiring and compelling. We are thrilled to be partners in these Fellows’ inquiry and impact journeys.”
The 15 Fellows in the inaugural Chicago Leadership Circle are:
- Stephanie Banchero, Education & Economic Mobility Program Director, Joyce Foundation
- Ellen Bell, Director, Higher Performance Buildings, Elevate
- Cyndi Bergstein, Deputy Director of Operations, Chicagoland Workforce Funder Alliance
- Becky Carroll, President and CEO, C-Strategies Inc.
- Sean Glowacz, Director of Community Development, Power Construction
- Poonam Gupta-Krishnan, President, Iyka Ent.
- LeeAndra Khan, Executive Director, Epic Academy
- Karrie Kratz, Vice President, Gilbane Building Company
- Andrea Mac, Growth Strategist, Prequal LLC
- Stephanie Miller, Senior Vice President, Associate General Counsel, Corporate & ESG and Corporate Secretary, US Foods Holding Corp.
- Michelle Mills Clement, CEO, Chicago Association of REALTORS
- Tesh Patel, Owner, Hotel Managers Inc.
- Mark E. Payne, Executive Director, Public Allies Chicago
- Sendy Soto, Senior Director, Addressing Critical Needs, The Chicago Community Trust
- Venkat Venkatakrishnan, Director of Research, Discovery Partners Institute
Visit the CLC Fellows’ page to see full biographies of cohort members.